Jouko is best known for winning both the 1997 and 1999 World’s Strongest Man, and finishing second in 1998. Ahola also won the Europe’s Strongest Man contest twice in 1998 and 1999, and finished fourth in 1996. Jouko won the World’s Strongest Team in 1997 and 1999, and was second in 1998.
Ahola set world records for the Hercules hold (45.7 sec, 197 kg) and Atlas Stones (215 kg).
 Retirement/Acting career
Ahola starred in Werner Herzog‘s 2001 film Invincible as early 20th century Jewish strongman Zishe Breitbart. Jouko played a former world wrestling champion in Alvaro Brechner‘s 2009 film Bad day to go fishing, (Mal día para pescar). The film premiered at Cannes Film Festival.
- Invincible (2001)
- Kingdom of Heaven (2005)
- 7 miljonärer (2006)
- Bad Day to Go Fishing (2009)
- War of the Dead (2011)
- He regards Arnold Schwarzenegger as his role model.
- His nickname is “Jokke.”
- His name is often misspelled as Juoko Ahola, Finnish for “Does Ahola drink?”
- ^ http://en.allpowerlifting.com/lifters/FIN/Ahola-Jouko-11693/
- ^ a b c http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/strongmanresults.html
- ^ a b c d e f http://www.dlc.fi/~gold-cam/jokke.html
- ^ a b http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0014261/
- ^ “Tässä on teinipoppari Robinin uusi musavideo”. Findance. http://www.findance.com/uutiset/17903/tassa-on-teinipoppari-robinin-uusi-musavideo. Retrieved 22.5.2012.
- ^ http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2005/May/Joukos_Back.html